Corcovado


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro
December 31st 2005
Published: January 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The big manThe big manThe big man

JC himself

Friday 30th December 2005



What a fantastic day! If only I could put up my pictures right now!! Even though they wouldn´t come close to doing it justice, still no words would be necessary! I went up to see the big man, JC, on top of his rocky outcrop. I don´t have a sufficiently flowery vocabulary to desribe effectively how absolutely stunningly spectacular the views are from up there. There is a heaven, and if you come to Rio, it´s real easy to find, just look up, and do whatever it takes to get there. It really is something every single person should get to see. Amazing.

Later, a massive group of us went down to the beach to play some football. Well, we abondoned that after a couple of minutes. It was too hot anyway, but it was the sand that did for us, burning our feet. Soooo painful!! So we chilled on the beach, cooled off in the sea, and eventually later in the evening tried again. It was just about bareable, but the sand´s so soft it was real hard work. But, when you have a football, it seems the whole of Brazil would like to
The view up topThe view up topThe view up top

No words necessary
be your friend!!

Then some of us went to a restuarant by the beach for dinner. I had the biggest feast ever. They had to bring extra little tables to put the food on. I think we misunderstood the menu slightly! It still came to just 50 Reais, which although pricy here, is about 12 quid (I can´t find the pound sign on this crazy foreign keyboard!).

It took so long getting served, and eating, and we were so knackered atfter the days exploits we abandoned going out, so I still haven´t actually experienced Rios nightlife!!

Saturday 31st December 2005



Today I attempted to get the little train up to Santa Teresa. Big, slow queue, sweltering heat, try again another day. It´s 37C right now, everytim I think I´m adjusting to the heat, they raise the bar again.

So, New Years Eve tonight. Starting in the hostel at 7.30pm, then down to the beach for the fireworks and live music (some famous female Brazilian Funk artist in the area we´re going to). Later we´re planning to head to Ipanema beach, where there´s a number of DJs playing til 6am, then the clubs open ´til midday.....



Advertisement



3rd January 2006

Happy New Years!
Billy mate! Are you still with us after the new years celebrations?! Hehe. Hope you had a good one anyway....goes without saying really! Thought I'd update you on The Arsenal! Beat Charlton 1-0 on Boxing Day, Pompey 4-0 a few days after, 0-0 with Villa on Saturday, and we've got the scum at home tonight! I'll let you know the outcome. COME ON BOYS! Take care mate! Gurns.
3rd January 2006

Happy New Years!
Hey dude! Hope you had a cracking new years...haven't heard anything about it yet so I trust it went well?! Quick Arsenal update: Beat Pompey 4-0, drew 0-0 with Villa, got Man Utd tonight at home. COME ON BOYS! Take care mate Gurn
4th January 2006

BC Challenge BRAZIL !!
Bonjour. As promised here is you first challenge. I think you better find out about Noites Cariocas, and attend it before you leave Rio. What and where is it, hmm all part of the BC Challage but apparently it takes place every week.!!

Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0725s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 7; ; mem: 1.1mb