Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro » Copacabana
February 3rd 2013
Published: February 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

We were very privileged to travel in Business Class the 11h flight to Buenos Aires. We spent 3 days there, 2 with Steve's dad and one rainy day before our flight to Rio. There the average steak on the menu weights 1kg and if you want vegetables you have to order it separate. The city reminded me of Milan with its old buildings and cafés.

We arrived late night into Rio de Janeiro and found a hotel close to Copacabana Beach. The sight of the lit up Corcovado in the clouds were magic. The first day we just explored the beaches from Copacabana all the way past Ipanema to Leblon. Unfortunately the rainy weather caught up with us and we had to time our visit to Sugar Loaf Mountain and Corcovado to enjoy the views.

After being in the city for a few days we decided to head for Angra dos Reis for some scuba diving. Angra dos Reis is about 180km south from Rio and the port to the very popular Ilha Grande.

In Angra dos Reis we stayed in a very cosy B&B where we saw a sea turtle swim past the jetty making us very exited about the scuba diving. After one night there we took a local bus to Ponta Leste, a small little town not far up the coast from Angra dos Reis were the scuba company collets their divers for the day.

The diving was not the greatest but we saw an under water spider, big star fish, eel and a sea turtle. The dives were shallow and long.

Back in Rio we only had the evening as we had to catch a flight to Sao Paulo early the next morning to meet again with Steve's dad. We spent the day with him going to markets and flip-flop stores to came back again in luxury on the A340. I was in the cockpit for landing into Johannesburg what an amazing aircraft!


Additional photos below
Photos: 47, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb