Copacabana Footy, Rio Zoo


Advertisement
Published: April 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
Hi Everyone!

Still living it up in Rio. Had a great night a couple of nights ago on the copacabana. Went down for 'one´ drink the other night, they have kiosks on the beach that serve beer. THe lads took the football down and decided to have a game. A group of Chileans next to us decided to join in so it was gringos (white people) against the chileans! The gringos beat the chileans 7-0!

Stayed on the beach till 6am to watch the sunrise which didn´t look too good since it started raining.



Went to the zoo yesterday, it was really good, better than i expected. THere were loads of animals to see, especially birds. We saw a wild marmoset in a tree! THe zoo is in the middle of a park so there are alot of exotic species just wandering around aswell. And the reptiles were outdoors which was great to see. Only R$6 in which is less than 3 euro...i got alot of stick from the lads about the price in to Dublin Zoo! Thought i came on this trip to get away from work but found myself defending the zoo (as i always do!).



Heading out to a samba show tonight so will post those pics over the next few days. Going on a bus tour tomorrow to see the city.

Friday morning we fly to Sao Paulo for the wedding on saturday. Then we´ve a week to get up to the reserve in Casmiro de Abreu.

Will keep you posted!



O xx



PS i think dave should be doing the next blog.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Kev trying to stand on peters shouldersKev trying to stand on peters shoulders
Kev trying to stand on peters shoulders

There was only one way this was going to end. But at 5am after a few beers anything seems like a good idea
An egret in the parkAn egret in the park
An egret in the park

on our way to the zoo!
ArmadilloArmadillo
Armadillo

Crunchy on the outside smooth on the inside!


19th April 2012

well done orlagh on the recent blog. gringos will have to work on their sun tan though! looks like a busmans holiday for you visiting the zoo. think you are right dave should do next blog
23rd April 2012

Great blog + photos Orlagh! Gwan Ireland, 7-0. You could've at least let them score 1 lads...

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb