Farewell Rio!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro » Copacabana
September 16th 2010
Published: September 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 10 & 11-15th and 16th September

Well our time in Rio is nearly at an end and we spent our penultimate day doing...very little! We’ve had a fabulous time here at our first stop. But we’re looking forward to hitting the road and going to see new things and meet new people. So we spent the day preparing for our long bus journey to Foz the next day. It’s a big one, 24 hours and we knew we were going to find it tough! We rounded up the day by getting a pizza from Dominos, no less! Dominos-UK, take note, your Brazilian counterparts do much better pizza, with fresh basil on them and everything, delicious. :-)

The next day we packed up our things, bought a few last souvenirs, got some cash and prepared to head to the bus station. One cab ride later we were back at the Rodoviaria and boarding our Pluma bus from platform 24 to Foz do Iguaçu.

Ellory has named this journey, ‘The Chinese Hell of a Thousand Mile Bus Ride’, it was grim, no doubt about it. The seats were pretty comfy and reclined quite far back, but no human is designed to spend that long on a bus with only 20 minute breaks every 6-7 hours. So we ended day 11, uncomfortable, bit cold and looking forward to reaching our destination the next day.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0181s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb