Rainy day in Rio


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro » Copacabana
December 18th 2008
Published: December 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: start at the middle of the clip 55 secs
To watch that clip start in the middle of it about 30s through, and have the volume on.

Me and my dad went to this juice bar near our appy. and when my dad gave the cashier a tip the cashier yelled out "CAXINA" and then the whole staff chanted "MUITO OBRIGADO, FELIZ NATAL" .. transltion - thank you very much, merry christmas. If you watch the video thats posted you can see it in action.

Today it was kind of raining, which in unfortunate because I only brought summer clothes and everyone else was in jeans. I went shopping at a really nice mall which is probably 5 or 6 times the size of mayfair. Its really cool because when you drive up there are these special sensors in your car that are detected at the ticket booth (because you have to pay for parking everywhere in rio) and they let you in and then when you leaving it automatically charges your account and you get billed at the end of the month. You never have to roll down you window or get out of the car. It works on a lot of other toll booth type things too. And if your a big deal there is VIP parking.

You know who is a big deal... Madonna. She preformed in a concert in Rio on the 14th. Shows here are in insane, this one for instance was in the biggest soccer stadium in the world called Maracana. It even has its own military base. Things can get pretty ugly when it comes to soccer, here ever guy needs to have a team. And if you advertise your team in the wrong neighborhood, your car will easily get trashed or you'll get beat up.


After that, I didnt do much. Got my hair straightened at the salon. My brother gets here tmrw, we're gonna go pick him up at the airport, hopefully his flight isn''t too late.

Hope all is well in Canada.

Thanks for reading!
Ate Logo.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0666s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb