Christ the Redeemer & Copacabana Beach


Advertisement
Published: August 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Christ the Redeemer was beautiful. We were able to navigate our way there with no problems. Afterward we spent some time on the beach. We certainly were able to confirm the fact that all Brazilians are proud of their bodies despite their size or lack of exercise. Those Brazilian bikinis are everywhere. We saw more people wearing them that should not be wearing them than we did people who filled out the suit nicely. It was a little like a car crash...you don't want to keep looking, but you can't look away. The beach was beautiful but we could only take about an hour of it because sand was flying everywhere. For dinner we did what many of you would probably chastise us for...we bought a hot dog from a vendor on the street. Technically it wasn´t a vendor. It was a guy selling them out of the back of his van. Before Jody could say anything, Mike had ordered a hot dog with everything on it. Definitely not like the Chicago style dog. The works consisted of peas, raisins, potato shoe strings, corn, mayonnaise, ketchup, Parmesan cheese, and some kind of meat sauce. It was surprisingly very good.

Today is kind of rainy so we aren't able to do much. Tomorrow we are hoping to make it to a street fair nearby and the soccer game. Hope everyone is doing well.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Copacabana BeachCopacabana Beach
Copacabana Beach

McDonald´s on the beach


Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb