We've arrived in Rio ! !


Advertisement
Published: June 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Copacabana beachCopacabana beachCopacabana beach

´´At the Copa, copacobana...lalalala'' (or Club Tropicana drinks are free as Lydia likes to say in a drunken haze!!!)
We eventually arrived at 17:30pm Brazillian times last night after a monster of a journey - 18 hours! We both had totally underestimated the length of it - we thought it was only 7 hours from Madrid - its was actually 10 and a half. The plane was really nice though - we got fed about 4 times and ....free bar!! The cabin crew tried to get everone to go to slepp by shutting the window shutters and dimming the ligts after lunch and everyone did seem to fall for there clever tactics! However we rebelled aginst this and got steaming much to the disgust of the poor women sat in frount of us - we drank 4 bottles of wine each out of plastic cups - class and had a bit of dance - we weren't going to sleep yet! We eventually arived into a dark, rainy but really warm Rio at 17:30 :0), quite disappointed that we didn´t see Jesus on route!!!!!

Airport was fine, we pulled within aboout 10 mins - he was fine!!! About 75, 2 teeth and a ´nice´texaco baseball cap! Got a taxi to the Hostel which was a bit um...interesting! They drive like maniacs! Anyway, got to our Hostel (it's called Mellow Yellow) which is in Copacabana and made our selves at home, seems like a really nice place, loads of people here and everyone is nice and friendly - sharing with 14 other people. Had a cold shower and hit the bar (it would have been rude not to!) Made friends with a couple of irish people and 5 caprhinas later we're on route to ´Shanannigans´ - the irish bar! We are too cultured we know! lol. Really good laugh although we were totally knackered so ventured back Lydia fell asleep on the way - safe!!!! In bed about 2ish, first ones in and felt like the geeks, oh well plenty of time to shift that title!

Had a walk to Copacabana beach this morning (still in the rain), modelled our terribly trendy pac-a -macs (tourists??? Us!???!), still can´t seem to find Jesus though??? Possibly this is a myth!? We´re off to the Brazilian football stadium -Maracana this afternoon to watch Vasco v Fluminense in the Brazil Derby and then we´re off to The Favela Funk party tonight, our tickets include ´security´ ;-) should be interesting!!

Will fill you
Copacabana beachCopacabana beachCopacabana beach

´´At the Copa, copacobana...lalalala'' (or Club Tropicana drinks are free as Lydia likes to say in a drunken haze!!!)
in on the goings on soon.....

Until next time, Asta lavista babies!!!!!





Advertisement



8th June 2007

Paridise Lost
Remember JUST SAY NO!!!
8th June 2007

hey
hey you hope your ok - thanks for commenting on our very badly written blog! we will be uploading photos tonights so check them out! Its sooooo good here! x

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb