Ola! South America!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro » Copacabana
February 13th 2007
Published: February 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Copacbana BeachCopacbana BeachCopacbana Beach

Oh my god look at those two losers in matching t-shirts. Anyone with a washing machine!
Hi again,

A quick blog. More on Brazil to come.

We have been having the best time in Brazil. This place is crazy at the moment with Carneval building up.

Landed late at night in the pouring rain. Decided not to be wimps and got the bus into Copacabana. The driver was cool and made sure we got off in the right place. Met a nice Kiwi girl on her own. When she got off in Botafogo a local lady yelled at the driver to get out and make sure she was safe before we drove off.

Our accommodation was good and they made us toasted cheese sandwiches and omlette so we didn´t have to brave the elements after a 10hr flight.

Brazilians love cheese, meat, caipirinhas and hate clothes. Don´t mind a beer either.

The weather cleared on our second day in Rio and we lazed on Copocabana beach took the local bus to Ipanema and had some nice Brazilian food (for all you Taree people Rio´s next to the bridge is a pretty good version of real Brazilian food - including the quantity of meat).

Spent sunset drinking caipirinhas on the beach
SugarloafSugarloafSugarloaf

The cable car up to Sugarloaf
and people watching (second biggest sport next to football). I have a few marks on the back of my head where Danielle has had to hit me with all of these Brazilian girls strutting round in next to nothing. But let me tell you a guy could get a complex here way quicker. These Brazilian boys have been genetically engineered to be really really good looking.

Having said that there is plenty of diversity on the beaches and no one is scared to get out there. Nice vibe.

We spent our second day in Rio on a day tour looking at the sights. Sugarloaf, Corcovado, the samba drome (including Dan dressing up in Carneval costumes) and many more.

The place is very chilled out and we are having a great time.

Cheers,

Ben and Dan


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

VulturesVultures
Vultures

These guys are everywere, this is at Sugarloaf.
Rio´s ChurchRio´s Church
Rio´s Church

This church is certainly a change from Italy
SambaSamba
Samba

We went to the Sambadrome and got to try on outfits. Looks awesome- felt weird. Glad I had clothes on, the outfit was a bit see through
Girls, Girls GirlsGirls, Girls Girls
Girls, Girls Girls

Dan, Geraldine (GAP tour leader) and Kathryn refuse my request for a full dress rehearsal pre Carneval.
FavelaFavela
Favela

One of the many favela in Rio. Full on places.
CorcovadoCorcovado
Corcovado

Just to prove we was there.


Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb