Lapa


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro » Copacabana
October 27th 2006
Published: December 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Morning after LapaMorning after LapaMorning after Lapa

Shay and I on Copacabana, still partying after Lapa (Just before Shay got her Alcohol Poisoning......Sorry Shay)
Lapa is probably the best night you can have out in Brazil. It is basically one big street party where people spill out of bars and clubs to drink and eat on the street. Lapa is right next to the steps that I spoke about earlier and is the place to be on a Friday night.

Some of the clubs and bars are themed and have dressing up equipment so you can have a masquerade ball. The music can vary from mad Brazilian funk/Pop, Reggae, Hip hop and even Nirvana (that’s just in one club).........very random I know.

Now is probably a good time to tell you about the local drink Caprinhi or Capivodva. The first is a locally spirit which tastes very much like tequila mixed with Lime juice and about 3 tablespoons of sugar. There basically all Spirit and the sugar is to take the alcohol taste away......there bloody dangerous. The second is replacing the Coshini with Vodka (just as dangerous)

Well after a few of the local drinks your well away........these can be brought for between 2-4 Real (50p - 1 pound) and trust me you dont need many.

If you get too drunk
Pedro and Mike WrestlingPedro and Mike WrestlingPedro and Mike Wrestling

On Copacabana, still partying after Lapa
you can tuck into the local food, normally meat on a stick or coxhina (a chicken dough ball thing). Either way you’re guaranteed a bad stomache in the morning.

Other local cuisines consist of Chicken rice and beans or Pizza everywhere. It is best to avoid the meat as it has more salt than a tub of rock salt!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

My Partner in CrimeMy Partner in Crime
My Partner in Crime

On Copacabana, still partying after Lapa
The Reprobates!!The Reprobates!!
The Reprobates!!

On Copacabana, still partying after Lapa
The Reprobates!!The Reprobates!!
The Reprobates!!

On Copacabana, still partying after Lapa


20th December 2006

Reprebates
So Nat different faces same poses if you get what i mean hun!!!!
21st December 2006

i beg to differ
i still think it was the poisinous coxinha that made me sick!! look at me, im functioning so well in all the pics!

Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0842s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb