Around Rio


Advertisement
Published: November 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

My long awaited trip begins........................



( unfortunately my photos weren´t put on the cd correctly so i have lost most of the)

When we arrived we headed straight for Copacabana beach which was only down the road from our lovely hostel! The beach was huge with white sand and huge waves
In the Evening we went to a local football match where the atmosphere was just amazing, we joined in with the locals singing and dancing!

The following day we decided to see the sights and went to Chrsto Redentor- Corcovado, Rio De Janeiro. This was quite amazing! The statue is huge and the View of Rio was stunning- a lot nicer than seeing it on the ground! We also went up to sugar loaf mountain and watched the sun set over Rio.


It continued to rain in Rio so we decided to go to a jungle lodge about two hours away from Rio center. This was a great experience. Although quite a random journey there! Four other people from the hostel came with us, Stacey, James ( although i called him Steve for 3 days), Adie and Andrew, so it was even more fun to have a group of us. we went treking, climbing and all sorts. Swimming in the river just next to the lodge, and going too and from the hdro-bath and steam room!! It was a great lodge where the owner was promoting and eco-friendly lifestyle...saving the planet.....ect..
We did see a snake which was quite scary!!!!!!!! Also a huge spider nearly sat on Adie´s shoulder while spinning a web!!

Other activities included eating gorgeous homemade vegetarian food, a lot of walking, a few drinks in a pub, in the jungle-was quite odd,!! and horse riding.





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Our group in the JungleOur group in the Jungle
Our group in the Jungle

Many walks in the jungle, loads of waterfalls and nice views
Horse ridingHorse riding
Horse riding

Was amazing on these horses..galloping away!


Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0864s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb