Illah Grande


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Ilha Grande
October 14th 2006
Published: November 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Illah GrandeIllah GrandeIllah Grande

We went on a two hour hike to a beach, this was a view from the top of the mountain we climbed!! we turned back after this because as the rest of the walk was down hill we´d have to climb back up the hill toget back!!!!
Illah Grande is an island off the coast or Rio. We caught a ferry over and enjoyed the views on the way.. this is where we were going to camp!! -- although i was not looking forward to it i promised Kate i would try my best!! The first morning i woke up extremely cross but it got easier over a few days......still put my foot down and said i wouldnt sleep in it again!

It is a really beautiful island with many beaches, little stalls and fish restaurants. Usually it would be quiet here but we arrived on brazillian bank holiday weekend so it was packed!
We got a little boat to a beach and had lunch on a floating restaurant! The beach was huge with white sand and huge waves..its known as the nicest beach in Brazil!



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

CampingCamping
Camping

The campsite was full when we arrived but woke up one morning and eveyone had left beacause the hols were over!


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0601s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb