start of our trip rio de janeiro,jungle lodge and buzius


Advertisement
Published: November 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

hi all, hannah and i have arrived in rio. 1st day went on copacabana beach got pissed and sunburnt how typical of me. spent the next few days scurrying round rio doing the sights.

went to see christo (that big statue on the hill) and sugar loaf mountain, was cool went to maracana football stadium to see flemengo and flemenise play , was fun jumping up and down on the seats and eating cheese on sticks.

it rained for the next few days so decided to do one and go to this jungle lodge with some of the others we met backpackers hostel. when we arrived we was abit tipsy off ye old vodka as had drunk all the way, got left in the middle of nowhere looking for someone called ralph, who the hell is ralph??? after a few phone calls and a few more cups of vodka and tonic abit of sign language and a few phone calls later we worked it all out and got in a taxi.

jungle lodge was great, lots of nice vegie food, have definatly decided im too old for bunk beds. did some trecking whicj involved hannah getting her head stuck in a bush and me cutting my knee open, saw some amazing butterflys, lots of dogs and snow white and the severn dwarfs would you believe.

highlights of lodge were hanging on to rope for dear life so didnt get sucked down the river, the hydro pool otherwise know as bloody freezing cold water and slippy stones was more frigtening that relaxing. all you at home know how much i like guinea pigs, well there are rumors there is a large one that come in the night to eat small children....errr no oh sorry i mean sweetcorn, i named him steve...i never saw him though!

went horse riding thats was wicked apart from i couldnt walk properly for the next 3 days.

went to a place called buzios after with ade rowley stacey and james also know to hannah as steve.






Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0161s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb