Rio de Janeiro


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro » Botafogo
January 26th 2010
Published: January 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post


Okay, We are on our own again after 46 days on tour and I will confess that writing these blogs has become hard work but the end of this journey is around the corner so will put up with it and do my best, here is our final few days in Rio

Our hostel has a weird setup with the showers and toilet being at the back of the property and is barricaded off during the night which makes getting there somewhat difficult. Although we had booked mixed rooms Jay & I are split and the air-conditioning in my room doesn’t work and it is rather hot and humid and there is not sleep for me tonight.

In the morning we done the bathers and head out to Copacabana to do as the locals do and get some sun and beach action. After a couple of hours we decided that it was time to get some lunch and escape the heat for a while. From lunch we end up heading to the movies as the humidity is really hitting us and we decide to get some relief by catching a movie (Sherlock Holmes) which we thoroughly enjoyed.

This evening we catch up with one of the girls we met in Athens, Andrea, for drinks and to quickly catch up. So with the thunderstorm that finally broke outside we walk the half hour to the pool hall in the rain and have a great night with Andrea and she had invited her cousin and her fiancé and we end up with a late night of socialising and generally catching up.

Another transit day for us, we head out to the airport for our flight to Buenos Aires and our second last country for this incredible journey. The flight is quick and in no time we are at Buenos Aires. Since we had booked the flight here there has been an arrival levy placed on Canadians, Americans and Australians with varying amounts but we get hit with USD100 entry fee, but don’t worry if you’ve not got the cash as they do take Visa, so kind of them.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1107s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb