Farewell to Rio


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Paraty
February 22nd 2010
Published: February 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today was quite a sad day as we would are leaving Rio. We have had an amazing 9 days here and have been fortunate to get to experience so much. Are next destination is the colonial town of Paraty, so this morning we headed to the bus station around 11ish to get the 4 hour bus south of Rio. The next available bus leaving was at 1.30, so we only had a couple of hours to wait. This time flew and before we knew it we were on the Costa Verde bus to Paraty. The bus ride was very scenic, it was along the coast the whole way, so we got to see some wonderful sights. The only down side was that the coast line was on the opposite side we were sitting so i never managed to get a clear picture.

The four hour journey went pretty wuickly, so we arrived at Paraty just around 5.30. We already had a hotel booked so it was just about a matter of finding it. The town itself is only a small place so it didnt take long when pointed in the right direction to find it. We introduced ourselves to Emmerson who is the owner of the Pousada Aquarela. It was a lovely looking place and we instantly felt welcomed and relaxed as there was only a dozen rooms or so.

We only had an hour or so of sunlight left so we wanted to take a walk through the old historic town to see the famous old buildings and cobbled street. We walked all the way down to the pier where it was very nice. It was nice being able to sit on the pier watching the sun set together.

We then went back to the hotel to change into some evening wear. On our way out for dinner Emmerson advised us of three nice places to eat, me being me i totally disregarded this adivce and we did our own thing. We went to a place in the old town called Paraty 33. It was a nice looking bar/restaurant that had live music playing so it was very chilled and relaxing. We had a shared meal of File mignon รค parmeginao - this is steak with cheesy topping served with chips and rice. The meal was gorgeous but when we got the bill we were surprised to have to pay for the live band. So we had to pay a little extra for that, but it was a nice touch and provided a good eating atmosphere. After we finished eating we decided to call it a night and head back to the hotel.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1016.1kb