Ilha Grande


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Ilha Grande
September 10th 2005
Published: September 13th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We have had bad weather since we got here but we kept an eye on the forcast. So when we got to Ilha Grande (an island just south of Rio) we had red hot weather!
It is a beautiful tropical island covered in jungle and beaches.
This morning we started walking up a massive hill/mountain (the island is one big lump of jungly rock) to get to Lopes Mendes beach which is a 2.5hours walk. After 20mins of sweat and achy legs we gave in and turned back to take the east route on the boat. (we weren´t even going in the right direction anyway!)
Jumped on a small boat for an hour to take us round the island. When we got there we were disappointed. It was a nice beach but not in the top 10! Walked up the beach and found out we were dropped off at the wrong beach. An english speaking couple walked past and told us we had to walk another 20mins.
When we got there it was well worth the effort. It had squeeky white sand! Good surf and loads of sun.
Returned back to Abroaa and bumped into 2 friends we met in Rio, Ben and Richard from Leeds. Also a group of 4 who we met in Rio on the Favela tour.
We took Ben and Rich to stay at our place. They got it for 40Reis and we were paying 50! We´ll return to this later!

Went out for dinner and a couple of drinks.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.24s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 22; qc: 131; dbt: 0.15s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb