BUZIOS


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Búzios
December 18th 2008
Published: December 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Buzios is a trendy little costal town just north of rio; kind of reminded me of a theme park without the rides, just the shops. Some places worth mentioning are Chez Crepe, probably the best most extensive selection of crepes i have ever seen, captains bar and the bar across the road from captains bar where you can listen to 5 units of live music and watch the waves trying to macro elusive geckos.

We rented a buggy (the red devil) which was fun but driving in the pooring rain may have been dangerous with no wipers and all. That and the difficulties which ensued each time we had to reverse, which lachlan tells me he mentioned later on... Andrew found it best if he leaned out the side while driving. When we first got the car we could only go forward untill five years later when we finaly found the reversing gear. Also found it was good to use rocks under the tires because we didnt have a handbrake.

We took the buggy out to a few beaches of which there were numerous dead puffer fish and constant rain, but were very beautiful.

The pousuda where we stayed Marianete was awesome, the woman who directed us off the rainy curbside and into its doors was Mama (somthing mumbled in portuguese) and was lovely despite us understanding very little of what she was saying. It was great and has a little swiming pool; we loved it untill three am when we woke due top being attacked by hordes of mossies. We went wild with the roll on rid and i wnet back to sleep to the sounds of andrew jumping arround the room making kills.

Andrew being the big girl he is decided to go shoe shopping (edit: our shoes have been rotting due to the rain, i left two pairs at the last hotel due to their irretrevable state) and so he got some brown ones and i got some for the hospital next year, ostrich leather of course. We are now in transit at rios rodovioria waiting for an overnighter to curitiba wasting some time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb