Ilha do Mel


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » ParanĂ¡ » Ilha do Mel
December 24th 2008
Published: December 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After an overnight bus ride down to Curitiba and a two hour bus down to pontal do sul we took a little boat out to the island to see the first real sun in the Brazil part of our trip. The island has no cars and has a protected northern end which Lachlan is convinced contains some kind of top secret military base, due to the very buff perk rangers on the island and big wire fences, that or the womb of the earth, i cant remember which he decided. Anyway because of our many acquired souveneirs the three and a half kilometer hike down the beach to our hostel was quite a struggle, myself acquiring a couple of blisters. Our bags weigh about 44 kilograms between them. Our pousada was home to a lovely woman who unfortunately spoke very quickly and some local lizards and a goose. The next day consisted of seeing the fort and then sunbaking by the beach getting periodically attacked by biting flies of some variety, some kind of tanabiids i would imagine. Lachlan had some kind of vomiting episode caused by an extremely large pizza. Because of our early flight we had to stay at pontal do sol for the night and wound up at some local hangout with fish based meals, which i managed to order through the recited menu of the owner. Early the next morning caught the bus on the way to Foz do Iguacu.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0701s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb