some background information


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio Grande do Sul
March 15th 2007
Published: March 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

familiesfamiliesfamilies

one of the families at chain of love
Hey everyone
welcome to this crazy world of blogging! Depending on how the dial up connection is at the orphange will depend on how often updates will be added.
Please check often anyway.
We will also send some emails, so dont worry, if you are blogging challenged like myself; you will still get updates.

I wanted to post a little history of Chain of Love for those of you that dont know the whole story of the orphange.

It was started by a missionary couple that had gone to Brazil to as church planters.
There are hundreds of thousands of street kids in Brazil and the missionaries were surrounded by lots of them. When one of the kids they called 'Rusty' was murdered they felt that God was asking them to do something about this situation. They prayed and said "we are willing to do what you have planned."

For the past several years they have been working to develop the large piece of land that was donated by the city to put up homes(10 in total), each contains a set of christian house parents, their biological children, and up to 10 orphans.
Social services brings only the worst of the worst cases to Chain of Love.
They are raised with the love of a family, they are churched and educated.
The healing that the children experience is an amazing testimony to Gods love as they have all experienced some form of abuse. Some cases more awful than you can imagine.
You can read up on some of the stories of these kids on the website "chainoflove.org"
When we leave Brazil, we know that the kids are well taken care of, and that brings us comfort.

Alex figures this is the perfect holiday, as he gets to go and work with his hands and be a blessing to others. He comes back to Canada without having switched too hard into vacation mode and then can hit the ground running. I love to go as well, since there is no shortage of kids to love up and squeeze!

We hope this will give just a bit of insight of where it is we are going.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb