sad day


Advertisement
Published: April 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

watching the wall growwatching the wall growwatching the wall grow

last week as work progressed on the wall
Today was a sad day for us here because the team from lethbridge went home. The place seems empty because its just the 4 of us here now.
We didnt get a whole bunch done today, we had decided to go into porto alegre to see the team off at the airport.
After we got back to the campus we headed down town to see if we could find some stuff. Nunes the volunteer coordinator here drove us around and we experience a brazilian bank for the first time. WOW, they have major security to get thru, almost makes the airport security seem slack.
Then you had to take a number, can you imagine.... Nunes´ # was 241, and the count was 199. So almost an hour later he was finished and we headed out again.

So now that its a little quieter around here with not so many people wanting to email home we thought we would post a couple more pictures.

I´m sure alot of you are curious what the new death toll is .... well I must say its been a really quiet week in the whole cockroach saga. Praise the Lord!
We did buy
stair constructionstair constructionstair construction

stairs to the upper level of the backyard, half way completed
more spray though as we were almost all out, at least we know that the brazilian stuff works as well as the stuff we brought.

Please keep in touch, we love hearing from home
~LB~& Alex




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

YAY its doneYAY its done
YAY its done

God held off the rain until the last stone was in place, Tuesday at noon. Then the skies opened up. The team all smiles on completed project!


6th April 2007

Happy Easter
Hey there you two! It's so great to be able to hear what's going on down there while I sit here in the cccooolllddd weather and wonder when spring is going to arrive! Hope that you have a very Happy Easter and hugs all around for the families of COL!
8th April 2007

Hoppy Easter
Hey friends...finally getting a chance to look at the blog!!! LB...honey, you make me proud!! Get 'em all, ok!!! (the bugs, that is!) Shawne spent Easter with myself and my family and it's been nice. She's crashed on the bed now so here I type to you for both of us. Sending lots of love and hugs your way! Have a great day!

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb