final day with the first team


Advertisement
Published: April 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

ola, warm greetings from brazil

its actually cooled down here today a little bit, its a nice reprieve from the scorching heat last week. It probably is only in the low 20´s today and the humidity has dropped to 50 %.

We had an amazing weekend, the break at Torres was just awesome. The rain held off till saturday nite and we managed to do some shopping and spend time at the beach as well.
Turns out that Alex is a pretty good boogy boarder. He spent about 3 hours playing in the ocean with some of the other team members that also bought boards while out shopping.

Sunday nite was church, and it was just incredible. 25 people had made decisions for the Lord and were baptized. It was so amazing to see so many people starting out on their new journey. And the absolute best part for us was the fact that 13 of the people were chain of love kids!! !13!
Praise the Lord!!
All the kids came up to us after for big hugs and lots of loving, they knew how happy we were for them. It was very moving to watch the house parents´ reactions during the service, they are so very proud of these kids and love them so much, and many wept, of course tears of joy and happiness all around.

Alex had taken our camcorder but unfortunately the battery died just as Ken was going into the baptismal tank.
We did manage to speak with one of the people from the worship team that did tape it all, and he said he will make us a copy before we head home.

Speaking of heading home, the Lethbridge team leaves tomorrow morning, it will be sad for us to see them go, we have an such an awesome time working with them.
I love how these trips bless us with more and more friends.

The next team arrives in a week, so my work with laundry patrol will slow down considerably... but no need to worry, the ol slave driver alex already has a plan for what work we can do at the new house together.

Enjoy your day.... loads of love to everyone!
~LB~& Alex

Advertisement



14th April 2007

You can count on Alex!!
You can always count on Alex to find something to do when it seems slow. You can't keep a good man down. That is an Alabama song I think.lol

Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.1047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb