Natal - Porta Negra


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio Grande do Norte » Natal
September 28th 2007
Published: September 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Crop Circles??Crop Circles??Crop Circles??

View from the ´plane window en route to Natal. Could not fathom why circles rather than the traditional way of dividing land!
Fri 28th Sept:
Last minute packing and taxi to airport. Plenty of time to spare - for a change! Flight was interesting; as we flew over a plateau region I noticed that there were large tracts of land divided into circles and each of these circles had crops in them or they were segmented with different crops or trees. I could not find the reason for this type of agriculture! It was hard to guage their exact size but they looked very large from the ´plane (see photo).
A reasonable taxi ride from the airport to my new pausada (inn) in Porta Negra, just south of Natal in the state of North Rio Grande. The pausada is situated right on the beach with a large veranda commanding superb views of the coastline. I´ve booked in here for a couple of days (may stay longer). It is very much a Brazilian tourist area. The coast line stretches for miles with huge sand dunes. I´ve booked a buggy ride for tomorrow (the whole day, starting at 9:00). Apparently this is what you do here; it would be like going to Ireland and not tasting the Guinness!
Very lively night scene here with
View from the Pausada VerandaView from the Pausada VerandaView from the Pausada Veranda

This what greeted me when I walked through the lounge on to second veranda!
lots of restaurants and bars. I can´t see myself getting a very early night!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Looking South along the coastLooking South along the coast
Looking South along the coast

The beach stretches for miles!


Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb