iguassu falls


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Paraná » Foz do Iguaçu
July 17th 2006
Published: July 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

ok so we were about to get on a night bus. we went to a town called curitiba which we were just using as a stop off point to get to the falls. we stayed there a night to break up the journey. we just went to the shopping mall to get food as it was sunday and most other places were shut, there we saw poseidan at the cinema thewn we went out for a few drinks. the next morning we had a day bus to iguassu early in the morning, which to catch we ended up having to wake up our guide which im sure is supposed to be the other way round!!!
anyway the journey was very boring as there was nothing to do, kinda watched casper, but didn´t do much else but sleep!!!
arrived in iguassu in the evening so just went and had food.
the next morning we were picked up at 9am by victor who was our local guide, and we went to see the brazilian side of the falls. the first thing we did was a helicopter flight over them which was amazing!!! the brazilian side gives you a good overview, but not really any close up views. pics will follow but we´re too short of time now, and dont want to waste battery on our camera!!!
that afternoon we went in to paraguay, kinda just for the visit!!!! we were goin to hav korean food for tea there (work that logic out) but the place our guide took us to we really didn´t like the look of, looks like the food would have been cleaner if prepared out on the street!!!! paraguay was really scary on the border, and quite dirty. its a really big difference from brazil, and you can really notice the lack of money. was better as we went further in to the more upclass suburbs, but everywhere had guards standing outside with big guns!!!! anyway it was an exciting experence and we got anothe stamp in our passport for it, even if they did put it over my singapore one instead on all the other blank pages!!!!
anyway dont hav time to write more now so will update more when we can but think that will not be for a while as were headin to the pantanal where were sleepin in hammocks in a kinda shelter, not likely to find the internet!!! then were crossing the border into bolivia!!!
anyway thanks for all the comments it nice to hear how people back home are doing, and to know there enjoying reading this!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

G and H in paraguayG and H in paraguay
G and H in paraguay

you can kinda see we have a bit of a tan!!!


22nd July 2006

Good thinkin'
Well done girlies for not eatin' in the dodgy place! Sounds like your havin' a fab time out there. Hope the heat isn't too bad - we've just been to Italy where it was 35, and we struggled! Hope the hammocks are comfy!

Tot: 0.194s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 67; dbt: 0.1533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb