Day 1 at Iguaçu Falls: More Photos


Advertisement
Published: December 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Iguazu falls day 1 route

This map shows the path we took for our journey through the Brazilian side.We started our hike in front of the historic Hotel Cataratas (1st point). The 2nd noteworthy spot is the platform (zoom in to see) We then went up the elevator to the 3rd point (see the photos of a shot of the platform looking down from here). The last point is where we had lunch before our hike.The white blur at the bottom is the heart of the falls, "Devil's Throat". The river defines the Brazil/Argentina boarder. Most of the falls are located in Argentina.

A few more pictures from the Brazilian side of the falls...


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Uel & Amy at IguazuUel & Amy at Iguazu
Uel & Amy at Iguazu

This is the first set of waterfalls you see from the Brazilian side.
Panoramic IguazuPanoramic Iguazu
Panoramic Iguazu

Looking across the Iguazu river from the Brazilian side to Argentina where these falls are located
Approaching the PlatformApproaching the Platform
Approaching the Platform

This platform stretches away from the canyon wall providing awesome views of the falls.
On the platformOn the platform
On the platform

We were lucky to have the corner of the platform to ourselves. This provides the best direct view of the heart of the falls from the Brazilian side.
Platform from abovePlatform from above
Platform from above

There is an elevator that takes you up several stories and provides different views - this one allows you to see the platform from above.
Macaco Boat RideMacaco Boat Ride
Macaco Boat Ride

Daniel and grandma are riding with no hands!
On the riverOn the river
On the river

This is a glance up the river at the devil's throat. The water crashes with such force, it looks like a big white haze.


21st December 2008

Dude, those photos are the bomb! We're so stoked you are doing this sweet trip! We miss you but keep having fun! Love you guys!

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb