Iguazu Falls-Day 1


Advertisement
Published: September 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Iguazu Falls 18 secs
Iguazu Falls-BrazilIguazu Falls-BrazilIguazu Falls-Brazil

This was our first view of the falls.
After arriving and checking into our hotel, we made our way to the Brazilian side of Iguaçu Falls. The falls are one of the largest in the world and definitely beat Niagara. The Brazilian side offers many wonderful views of the falls from a distance. We couldn't believe how grand they were. Tomorrow we will cross the border into Argentina to hike the falls of Iguaçu. We are hoping the border crossing is nothing like the Costa Rica/Nicaragua border crossing Mike and Jody know all too well.

We also thought it is well worth mentioning Mike's medical emergency that happened today. During lunch Mike let out a girlish like scream. Jody though he had been bit by the raccoon type animal that was invading the picnic area. Instead, he had been stung by a bee. Call 911. The park worker rushed over with rubbing alcohol and a bystander4 pointed out the First Aid office nearby. After a few minutes he had put it aside and everything was OK. This brought up a humorous story Jody thought was worth mentioning. While living in Utah Mike came home one day to find 30 bees on his front door. We all know it was probably more like 10. He was stung twice so he called his buddy's wife who is a nurse and asked her what he should do. Her medical advice was, "You are a soldier. Suck it up and act like one."



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Iguazu FallsIguazu Falls
Iguazu Falls

We couldn´t believe how huge the falls were. There are 3 tiers to the falls.
Iguazu FallsIguazu Falls
Iguazu Falls

Jody thought this is what bit Mike when he let out his girlish like scream.
Iguzau FallsIguzau Falls
Iguzau Falls

Don´t know why, but Jody found this sign pretty humorous.
Iguazu FallsIguazu Falls
Iguazu Falls

Up close and personal with the falls.


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb