Foz do Iguacu, Arrival and Park


Advertisement
Published: August 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The good news keeps coming as we quickly board the bus into town (R$2.10) and find our hostel. We check in to the Pousada Evelina and they are ready and waiting for us.

Everything is so seamless that we are all done by 2pm and have time to head to the Brazilian side of the waterfalls taking the bus back to the airport and beyond to the falls. At this time is is quite empty and we are into the Parque Nacional Do Iguacu by 3.30 (Entrance R$20.50).

At this point my descriptions will have to leave you as we were presented with a sight that words can not explain and pictures do not justify. It is simply breath taking with the amount of water coming down. We even stand under the waterfall and watch the wonders of static electricity play havoc with our hair (well I thought it was funny).

After three hours of constant amazement we headed back into town for an all you can eat buffet and churrasco (meat grill) which was delicious and allowed us to forget that it was now raining hard (the first rain we had seen all holiday) outside.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb