Belem


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Pará » Belém
October 18th 2008
Published: November 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Belem,

Belem is a very nice city and there is a lot less poverty here than in many parts of Brazil. On the original flight over from London Stefano got talking to a woman from Belem named Alane and we meet up with her on our first night so she could show us around and took us for dinner. We ate steak as you do in Brazil - Stefano had the Sadam Hussain (which was bloody) and I had the Catherine Zeta Jones...she tasty!!!
We spent 4 days in belem and Alane meet up with us to show us around.
On day 2 we visited Ilha de Mosquiero which was just outside Belem and it was a big river that you couldn´t see the other side. We went out to the best night clubs in town and meet up with many of her friends and family.
On day 3 Alane decided that we just weren´t good enough at dancing so she took us to a dance class in town and we learnt 3 traditional dances. The Forro from Fortaleza, the Zouk from Macapa and the Brega which was local to Belem.
On day 4 just before we caught our flight to Manaus Alane and her brother Alex took us for dinner at a roadside restaurant which if we´re being honest we would never eat at because of the appearance however...it turned out to be the best meat we had eaten so far...local knowledge is the best.



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

this woman...this woman...
this woman...

she is amazing...
Strictly Come Dancing...Strictly Come Dancing...
Strictly Come Dancing...

Our teachers and partners for dancing
Crazy 2 teeth manCrazy 2 teeth man
Crazy 2 teeth man

this guy was awesome and could really dance too...


Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb