In the Jungle


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Mato Grosso do Sul
June 11th 2009
Published: July 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

well well well, we made it over the border, after all the tales of the hellish adventure we would encounter, it really could not have been easier. Our train from Bolivia to the Brazilian border was fine, no wonder you have to book in advance though, there are only 50 seats in the 2 carriages provided. Also they store all your bags under the train which is a bit disconcerting, but there you go. 12 hours flew by at about 10mph, but they did have Hollywood films on the go so you cant complain, and a weird chicken and rice dinner. We were met off the train by Ronny Anaconda - a genuine fella, who even paid for our taxi to the border point. After 6 months of crossing borders you dont worry anymore, but it is always a good sign when the customs officer starts to piss himself at the photo in your passport. Formalaties done and into Brazil, another taxi of sorts to get to Corumba then onto the Pantanal - this taxi was a scam sadly and we got well ripped off, tured out it was Ronny's cousin!!! So after handing over 200 reals to Ronny as down payment on our trip and him then buggering off and leavibng us at the bus station for 3 hours we definitely thought we had been scammed, but we hadn't it was a bizarre way of conducting proceedings, but a bus turned up then 2 hours later dropped us in the middle of nowhere to get another bus. So there we were stuck in the middle of the Panatanal waiting for another bus and getting eaten by mozzies....................oh well we did get picked up about an hor later so all is good. Off to Mato Grosso do Sol, to see all the wildlife in the Pantanal wetlans, should be good.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb