Back to Itumbiara


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Goiás
March 13th 2009
Published: March 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Back to the grind of Itumbiara now. Ive been back here since Wednesday, after my time in Aguas Lindas near Brazilia, and nothings changed much to be honest. The last couple of days have been busy though, seeing old friends, catching up on missed church and ferrying Joaquim around in his car to and from the Physiotherapist!

anyway, remembering Aguas Lindas was fun. My time there was well spent generally going to the free- flight project everyday... exchanging portuguese insults with the lads that went to play football and basketball there everyday. Kind of miss the shouts of ´toca bolla joel' and ´gringo loco' etc...

The last weekend i was there we had a festa of feijaida(!) which was a charity meal party thing where the food was faijaida... pork filled bean feast feijao dish. Any people came, we ate, took pictures... was good. On the monday me, 2 canadians and 2 brazilians went to Pirianopolis, an hours drive away, an old traditional town with cobbled streets, and Brazilian looking people and things. But the best thing about the place was the nearby waterfalls where we went swimming all morning and jumping of the edge of the cliff into the water (not that high).

But then back to Goiana on tuesday, and to my second trip to Caldas Novas (HOT SPRINGS), with the lovely natural warm sprng waters, for the night.

Im back in England in two weeks.. for how long is yet to be detirmined, but before then Joaquim and i are of to Rio next week, so looking forward to Sights of Christ the Reedemeer and Long sandy Beaches...

Until then, ciao x


Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0634s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb