Jeri


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Ceará » Jericoacoara
March 12th 2007
Published: March 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

buggybuggybuggy

the fellas and the machine
Hello all

Latest stop has been in Jericoacoara (or Jeri). Sposed to be a kite surfing mecca, and as Tim had brought is kite gear we were all up for it. Spent four nights in total- didnt get the kit out the bag once. It rained every day we were there on and off, also not the high season for the surf scene, hence wind was bit unpredictible. So it should have been a really crap stay but it didnt turn out that bad.

Jeri has the most chilled out vibe of any place i have ever been. There is no roads proper just sand tracks, So normal cars just sand buggies and pick ups. To get to Jeri we took a six hour bus from Fortaleza where the last two hours we had to travel in an all purpose offroad bus which was cool. We had been recomended a pousada (Jerimar oppsite pizza banana) to stay at the night before, so we checked it out and took a few from the bus with us. Great place such a chilled vibe and it did the best breakfast so far, and for a fiver a night you cant complain.
buggy 2buggy 2buggy 2

roads near Jeri

First night we went for a meal had a couple of caprinia´s and went back to the pousada and started playing janez (sounds like yanif, an israli card game) and then it happend that the only other people in the pousada were Israli, so they joined in the game and then showed us the nightlife in Jeri. Next day I read alot (Count of Monte Cristo-amazing book) went and played frisbee and booked a dune buggy ride for the next day. The Buggy Ride was good got some great photos, but it rained on the way back and rain in your face when going at 40 mph hurts a bit. The last couple of days involved general relaxing and some more Frisbee (just a heads up there is going to be a lot of frisbee talk me and Seb also Dan have got into it in a big way- amazing sport going to join the ultimate frisbee team at Imperial blatently!).

Next Stop is Praia de Pipa (Im writing tis blog from there so i know for certain this time)

On a seperate note I have given up smoking today so i will keep you informed with my
dunedunedune

me on a sand dune
progress on that front.

Love Pete

Photos to come soon, the computer i am using is taking like half an hour and i havent uploaded a single photo, being serious its all windows 98 in the northeast.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

dune2dune2
dune2

veiw from the top of the dune
all of usall of us
all of us

group hug


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0246s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb