Itacare – Beaches, more beaches!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Bahia » Itacaré
March 14th 2008
Published: March 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We took a touristy transfer service from Morros to Itacare. It was possible to do it by public transport but with no real saving in price and a lot more hassle, we bit the bullet and travelled Gringo class in a minibus!

On arrival we were met by a team of touts all wanting us to stay with them. When offered a house near the sea for the princely sum of R$30 each (about £9) we were curious enough to take a look. A 4 bedroom house all to ourselves. It was nice, but in the middle of an area with lots of trees and therefore more than the odd mosquito. Still, it was less than 5 minutes to walk to the beach so who were we to complain?!

The beach we were close to was the one with no waves, good water for swimming and sun all day long. It was perfect. The other beaches weren’t bad either but were more suitable for stronger swimmers than Russ and for surfers. It was great to watch the waves rolling in, surfers crashing into the waves and even a dog on a board!

All in all it was a terrific place to spend a few days. More beaches further South beckon now so we’d best get on with it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Beautiful ViewBeautiful View
Beautiful View

Dinner stop on the way.


2nd April 2008

i totally have to teach my dog to do that!

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 15; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0768s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb