Cioa Peru


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia
June 29th 2011
Published: July 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi all,
We travelled by bus from Puno to the border of Bolivia. Sixty percent of the Titicaca lake is on the peruvian side and forty per cent on the Bolivian side. We travelled on roads past the lake up over another Andes pass to the border town. Standing in a line again we passsed through immigration in Peru to walk across a bridge to do the same on the Bolivian side. It feels very third world here.
It's sad to leave Peru behind knowing our extraordinary journey is almost at an end. John our guide introduces us to the Bolivian guide who will journey with us for this part. We are tired some of us sick and over churches, museums and ruins by now so when we staop for a nice lunch we ask John to get the guide to shorten our tour of a Bolivian ruin from 2 1/2 hours down so we can get to La Paz and our hotel for much desired rest. I don't believe Nemo our guide was too happy with us as this place was his heritage.
Arrived at the hotel late in the afternoon to settle in and get ready for a final dinner out with John before he has to leave us to get back across the Peruvian border which looks like closing anytime. Saddened to lose him a day early but he has another tour in two days and needs to get back. Hope we have made a good impression on him so that he remembers the laughs and fun we have all had together rather than the dramas.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0188s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1021.2kb