Volcano pain


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
July 2nd 2011
Published: July 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Not been the best 24hours. Left La Paz early morning for a flight to Santa Cruz and then another to Buenos Aires. Trouble was the volcano struck again so the second flight was diverted to Cordoba in Argentina because the Ash cloud closed the Eze airport but still about 7ookm away from Buenos Aires better than 1500km away I suppose. Arrived there around 2.30pm. Waited and stressed till they organised buses for us, one less stress which eventually left around 7pm to drop us at Eze airport in Buenos Aires at 4.30 am. Not the best time for anything. Hotel didn't want to know us as we weren't there already from the night before and nobody seemed to know what was going on. Qantas didnt want to know us until 2pm when they advised us which flights we were to be going home on. No choice there - only Linda and I are on two different days and nobody seems to want to help. Very frustrating.
All we want to do is go home now after a great holiday. The lack of interest in helping or informing us today after 12 hours at the airport has left a sour taste in our mouths. Hopefully time will improve the taste. Very tired teary and frustrated today.
Journeyed out for tea to Cafe Tortoni a renowned old world cafe where the waiters are very flash and experienced and the food pretty ok. Need to adjust the conversion rates again. Gets confusing after so mant different types of currency over here. Peru is still my fave though.
Cant help but think we were supposed to be on a plane now and tomorrow who knows what will happen.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb