Slat Flats Day 2


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia
December 17th 2008
Published: December 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After a pretty cold sleep we awoke at 5am(every one of us forgot to set their clocks forward an hour!) we made our way along some really bumpy roads towards the rocks in the desert(i dont know what there called due to the Spanish guide). The cool rock features were created by erosion anyway i know that. Before we got there though our guide and his missus started to prove there worth.

First off The guide messed about for about 2 hours in the morning then while annoyed at his girlfriend delaying him 1 minute more started the jeep and with the door open and the baby just lying on the front seat. it was a miracle he didn't fall out. This was nearly too much for Melissa. Then further up the road the driver slammed on the breaks and the 2 of them jumped out of the car and ran off. We couldn't figure out what they were up to until we saw a duck with about 15 chicks running for its life. They chased the mother off and started grabbing the chicks. We werent sure if they were going to kill them or show them to us but i lost it and ran after him. In crappy Spanish i was screaming about his no madres, ninos muerto(chicks dead). He looked genuinely bewildered that i gave a crap about the chicks but i think the sight of me running up the field after him (he was literally about 4 foot 10) convinced him quick enough. Our already strained relationship finished there and then!!

But anyway back to the good stuff, the rocks were pretty cool and after that there was a lot of driving but the scenery made up for it. Finally we made it to the salt hotel which was brilliant. All the bricks, the floor, the table were all made from salt. And it was so comfortable after the kip we had the night before. After some very chewy Llama steaks we had a great sessions with the guitars. And we got to lye on til 8am. Happy Days!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb