Villa Serrano- apparently not big enough to even bother listing


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia
June 1st 2007
Published: June 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

And we´ve been in the little town where our project is supposed to be and it STILL hasn´t started, but it´s supposed to start Monday (hopefully). THe first few days here were... interestign to say the least. Crappy weather, no toilet seats, no hot water ANYWHERE (including showers)... but now it´s better significantly as the weather has cleared up and the students have started actually talking to us instead of being really shy. The first girl who talked to us was, well, we call her ¨student council girl¨because she´s definitely very... driven... I guess. Her actual name is Roxana (but, it´s so horrible, as the administrators at the centre referred to her as ¨la gordita¨ aka little fat girl!) but apparently this is somehow acceptable, even though she really is NOT fat, just chubby. As soon as she began to talk to us, others seemed to too. 😊 Also, there´s this prof there that we have nicknamed Dr. Nick, from the Simpsons ahha, because he sounds and looks so muhc like him! And that´s one of the only programs that they have the same here or at least that is played on the tv during dinner (but with such horribly different voice overs!).


Without QPID really realising, this instution seems to be fairly religious, which is kinda alright I guess, but somehow marie and I got roped into joining some sort of bible group once a week... lol I think we´ve pretty much decided that we may try and teach a class that day so that we don´t have to go.

Other than this, everything seems to be giong ok, and the food isn´t bad... but significantly lacking in desserts, which we have supplemented with massive amounts of oreos! That´s apparently the only recognizable cookie we know here and nothing else until we go back to Sucre (hopefully in 2 weeks). We´ll see.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0246s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb