24 Long Hours....


Advertisement
Published: August 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well its been an 'ìnteresting' 24 hours....! We left Corumba for the Brazillian border hoping to get our stamps then go to the Bolivian airport Peurto Suarez and catch our 3pm flight to Santa Cruz. However the first spanner in our works was the immigration office which didnt open until 2pm - meaning we would miss our flight. After much deliberation we found out we could get our stamps in Santa Cruz so went to the airport to get the flight. However we pulled up to a shabby looking deserted warehouse type building, which made us feel a bit uneasy and our fears were confirmed when we went in to the empty shack and found out our flight didnt exist.... We were slightly unsure how to proceed, but we thought we might as well go and get our stamps so we headed back to the border with the plan to get either a train or bus to Santa Cruz. After 4 hours of queuing in the cold and rain we became legal immigrants to Bolivia! The death train (as its known by the locals) was fully booked so we headed to the bus station and got tickets for the 6.30pm bus.
We boarded and sat hoping it would warm up, however this never materialised and we had a baltic 20 hour journey to Santa Cruz. Along the way we also managed to get stuck in the mud for 2 hours from around 5-7am requiring to be helped out by a JCB adding to our 'adventure'. Arrived safe but very sleepy to Santa Cruz around 2pm and went straigh to our Hotel for a well needed shower and freshen up. Had a wander around the town and a spot of lunch. On the positive side Bolivia is lovely and cheap as chips!
xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.194s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb