Trip to Salar de Uyuni


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » Potosí Department » Uyuni
March 4th 2007
Published: March 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Oruro CarnivalOruro CarnivalOruro Carnival

20people slept in one room on the floor...this is what it looked like
The salar de uyuni or salt flats in bolivia are the largest in the world...not sure...grin should learn facts better. but they are definitely the highest in the world...at something like 3500m above sea level.

So we all me, eli, 2 argentineans, 2 french and a spanish climbed into a 4x4 for what was a great three days of fun, adventure and soaring with the birds at altitudes of up to 4900m...
saw lakes, rivers, geysers, thermal baths, mountains up to 5500m and snow capped. snow.

stayed in villages in the middle of nowhere...and saw the sky the milky way to b precise....there where jes stars all over the sky was full of stars and there was a band in the middle that i read on the internet is the milky way. incredible. simply incredible.

and there is a desert in the middle of the andes and i think 4000m yup a desert red and nothing but space, and peace.

not quite sure how to describe the landscape. the beauty. i hope the pics help.

smoooches
lotusfool.


Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Oruro Carnival ... my accommOruro Carnival ... my accomm
Oruro Carnival ... my accomm

5 of us slept in one room...luckily we all new each other. not sure how we got this lucky....room was still a mess of course...


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb