Uyuni


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » Potosí Department » Uyuni
November 12th 2006
Published: December 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We stayed for one night in La Paz and headed over to RamJam, a local restaurant/bar where RPCV Kory owns the worlds highest oxygen bar. He served with Zach, a crisis corps volunteer in El Sal. The next morning we headed to Oruro on an early bus. From there we had to options: a train or a bus to Uyuni. We chose the train and bought first-class tickets. It was just about the slowest thing Ive ever been on. At one maddening moment we pulled up next to the road as buses flew past us. As for the first-class tickets, they included a movie which ended up being the Olsen twins running around and misbehaving in France. Also the attendant came around about once an hour to Febreeze the red 70´s era carpet aisle. Supper classy. We got to Uyuni like 8 hours later.

Once in Uyuni we checked into a hostel and visited the tourist office which provides rankings for local tour agencies based on tourist feedback. This was super important because there are about 70 agencies that do the salar tour and only half at best are reputable. We narrowed it down to 2 empresas, Oasis and Remi and ended up choosing the most expensive one, Oasis, for $70 for the 3 day 2 night tour. We left the next morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0716s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb