Day 20 - Tupiza


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » Potosí Department » Tupiza
February 14th 2009
Published: February 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 20 - Tupiza

After an awful night sleep we have another early start so we can get out of this horrible place and hopefully recover in Tupiza.

The bus again was full of locals and we were the only westerners on the journey. It was a very interesting trip and we were glad to take the day bus this time. After about an hour of tarmac we finally hit the dirt on bumpy un-felted roads. There were several river crossings along the way, one of the river crossings took us about 30 minutes. One bloke jumped out to throw rocks under the tyres to try to get us across.

The next stop was at the service station where in Spanish we were all told to get out and find a bush if we needed the toilet! After making good progress on the journey as the driver was obviously used to this road we came to another stop. This time the stop was for road works. We soon released we were going to be a while when the driver took out all his tools and started to perform maintenance under the bus.

Three hours later the workmen
River crossingRiver crossingRiver crossing

Adding rocks so the bus can get across the water
had finally finished making the road for us to continue our journey we set off again and reached Tupiza after about an hour. We felt relieved to be in a new place and the hostel (Hotel La Torre) were very welcoming and the drop in altitude made us feel a lot better. For valentines we went to the local Pizzaria and had great feast for only £7.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

River crossingRiver crossing
River crossing

Made it eventually!


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0288s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb