I´m on my way


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » Potosí Department » Tupiza
November 28th 2007
Published: November 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Horsing aroundHorsing aroundHorsing around

Cowboy style in Tupiza
So made it down to Tupiza (again) this time with most things in tact! Turns out the girls from Loki had come to Tupiza and I bumped into them at breakfast! Was pretty tired after another 18hr bus journey but had a relax by the pool and they were going horse riding so I thought why not!

Had lunch and went to get a horse! Pretty wierd, and once it started moving was pretty scary! On a very hungry horse kept trying to wander off and munch on some vegitation! Once we got on the trail, went through some amazing scenery, red mountains and rock formations etc.

Then the guides thought it would be a good idea to go faster, was now scared. Very hard to time the bouncing up and down and pretty much just ended up slapping myself against the horse, painful as you can imagine (boys!). Made it to a canyon and dismounted for a while, gave my crotch a rest.

Then off back down to town, different way back so we could go faster! My horse definately wanted to go for a run and sped off past the others, too much fun but was
Devils gateDevils gateDevils gate

View along the trail
a little worrying I was going to fall off, basically just hold on for dear life!

Made it back in one piece though, the only person to fall off was the guide (trying to do a handstand to impress the ladies- good luck with that!). Very sore knees, mainly due to the cramp bus ride the night before but generally wasn´t too sore!

Met a guy called Micheal from Manchester on the tour so arranged the salt flats for the next day!

Salt flat tour was so amazing and suprisingly the actual salt flats weren´t the most beautiful thing! Saw so many crazy lakes and amazing landscapes. Had been told that the jeep gets boring (1270km´s in 4 days) but everything was so interesting to look at that until the last day it was great!

Went up to 5000 metres, highest yet, although felt a bit cheated doing it in a jeep, was tempted to get out 50 metres early so I could walk but still wouldn´t be able to convince myself I´d walked up.

Salt flats were amazing aswell though, absolutely massive (12000 km3) mental! took some funny photos but was hard to orchestrate
View along the valleyView along the valleyView along the valley

first day of the salt flat tour
the ridiculous ones! Also battery ran out on my camera, awaiting some emails with the best ones on!

Was a great tour, highly recommended! People were cool aswell, good to get into the outdoors and see some more stuff!

Back to Tupiza alone as everyone else had got off at Uyuni. Went to the post office the next day (weds) about my bank card, apparently takes 3 wks, 1 1/2 wks to go so not sure what to do! Apparently Bolivians just like me to much to allow me to leave! Argh....

Still weds - Slight change, they´ve only gone and bloody rang me to say that there´s a letter waiting! Bank card in my hand as I write! Definately on my way!

Everybody.. fingers crossed that I actually make it into Argentina... goodbye Bolivia!




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Hot springsHot springs
Hot springs

amazing view and lovely and hot
A rather large cigarette?A rather large cigarette?
A rather large cigarette?

Trying out perspective next to the hot springs, just couldn´t wait!
Lake ColaradoLake Colarado
Lake Colarado

Amazingly red lake, one of the many wierd and wonderful lakes
Flamingo´sFlamingo´s
Flamingo´s

So many on all the lakes, beautiful
Stone treeStone tree
Stone tree

One of many formations in the desert!
Cactus on Fish IslandCactus on Fish Island
Cactus on Fish Island

An island in the middle of the salt lake covered in cacti, very surreal
Tom ThumbTom Thumb
Tom Thumb

Me balancing on Mike´s thumb, more perspective fun!


Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb