They hate us....


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » Potosí Department » Potosi
January 18th 2007
Published: January 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

You have never seen filth like it - we crawled out of those mines literally black. After cleaning ourselves, we had a lovely dinner in Potosi, after braving the hailstones to make it there! About $20 for six people....
We then got the taxi to the bus station, looking forward to our cama bus. Made it downstairs to the bus, only to be told we had to hand our bags in upstairs where they were then lowered down to the bus. Fine, grand, even after an all day mine mission, and severe altitude we ran back upstairs, put in the bags and ran back down to get on. So despite actually standing at the door of the bus, the bus starting driving off, WITH our bags, and no amount of banging on the door and shouting was making a difference. Then it did stop, the door opened and Eoin, Teresa and Irene ran on, but some barrel of a Bolivian woman pushed in front of me which resulted in the door nearly closing on my face. There was no thought, I just started shouting (I won´t lie probably cursing) and jumped through the gap. What would posess these bloody people to do that??? However, the upside was we all passed out, landed in La Paz at 6am, and none of us were ready to get off the bus....a very rare occurance on South American buses!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb