South America, Day 6: La Paz, Bolivia


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
August 7th 2014
Published: August 7th 2014
Edit Blog Post

I'm still alive, finally got enough reliable wifi for me to upload some blogs! So this morning I woke up and had a lovely cold shower! (Lasts nights shower was hot though so very unpredictable). Although I'm not sure which is worse, a cold shower or a shower that initially comes out with brown water (I had to change rooms the second night). Anyway we went walking around the town today, we saw the more modern part of La Paz which had a few nice buildings. We also saw the most amazing cathedral I've ever seen! I think it was called the San Francisco cathedral. We weren't allowed to take pictures but some of the inside was covered in black gold with colourful statues everywhere. There was also a parade that went on all day but for some reason no one could get to it as it was all closed off. We tried to find some lunch but most of it was open street food which we were reluctant to try as none of it was covered. So after hours of trying to find an option where we we were least likely to get sick from we found a place that was indoors that sold green beans and this potato thing. It's not the best idea to try street food, particularly when you have a 5hr bus ride the next day. Later that day we met up with the group, there is a total of 6 of us, 3 girls and 3 guys plus the tout guide/bus driver/mechanic, another local guide and of bus/truck called "Gus". Late we all went out for dinner and then some of us went out to see the witches market where they have dead baby lamas and foetuses and where they have these tiny alters where you burn certain things to give you luck in certain areas of your life. Spooky!!! Anyway from now on wifi is even more unpredictable so may not be able to post for a while.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.06s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb