Preparations


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
March 14th 2010
Published: March 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Preparations have been started to leave for our first field season in the southern Altiplano. I am working as part of an international group studying a volcano there. We are intending to head to La Paz next week and meet up the rest of our group. We have rented a vehicle with a tour company with professional driver to navigate and provide the logistical knowledge of the region, and have been in communication with the geological survey (SERGIOTECMIN) to gain permits and reserve lodging at the field site. So far we have only encountered minor snags into our visit to Bolivia. Our trip to the field site will take two days. We have 5 days in La Paz to get acclimated to the altitude before we head out. This will be the first time that I will be working with an international group and I am hoping that the language barrier will not interfere with getting as much work done as possible. This will also be my first visit to Bolivia and actually my first trip to South America. I am looking forward to the travel and experiencing the culture.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb