24 hours in La Paz


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
July 27th 2008
Published: July 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After one too many nights in the instantly forgettable Uyuni we spent the day trying to find working internet and checking up on our bus. The first time we checked we were met with a worried lady telling us that the bus had not arrived and might not leave that day. As it was 10am and our bus was due to leave at 8pm we were not overly concerned. The second time we checked we were told the bus had arrived but there was no driver. By the time 8pm came around, we had a bus and a driver. I´m not sure how qualified our driver was though as he asked for directions to La Paz on 3 separate occasions.

12 hours and one wheel change later we miraculously arrived in La Paz on time and in one piece. We walked up to Killi killi viewpoint to take in the stunning setting of the city in the morning. In the afternoon we browsed the street markets and people watched in the parliament square.

At night we met with the Americans for dinner at a British pub with a Scottish barman. Rich and I tried the Scottish delicacy of deep fried mar bar for the first time ever, in Bolivia of all places.

Early the next morning we left for Cusco.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Wedding partyWedding party
Wedding party

Parliament square


27th July 2008

Mars bar
So what is your verdict on the mars bar?
6th August 2008

Re: Mars bar
Surprisingly tasty!

Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1021.5kb