Shame on You West


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
March 31st 2008
Published: March 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Yes it was my first night out in La Paz...went out with a couple of people from the office and their friends. It was very interesting going to some "boliches" (bar) and some Clubs. In great majority they all close at 4 in the morning and they all play from Reggaton to more western music very cool dancing all this latin rythems and seeing the talent of the guys and girls moving their hips dacing in couples, offcourse I just watched due to my lack of dancing skills for this kind of music (imagine Duarte with is 95kg dancing salsa???)...but every thing that its cool has it down side. People start changing when the night starts moving into deep hours...suddently bolivians start going home and the bars that stay open until later hours get packed with westerns (UK USA Australia their majority) and offcourse some Bolivan playboys. The music changes from latin rythems to progressive House and Electro...heavier beats, for those who leave in portugal I would say Lux and The providers are possible comparissons, and people just lose their inhibition...cocaine starts flowing like water and with no kind of shame people snif it in industrial quantities in front of every one else like doing the most cool and nicest thing.
To be honest I was disgusted to belong of what they called the developed west...the developed west youth was there not jus frying their brains that have the potential to generate ideas to do better thing to the humanity, but also feading the slaved hand-of-labor that is forced to work to the coca cartel's (mafia) and promoting the production of coca plant that has you can imagine its is not produced in industrial quantities jus for the coca tea and coca leaf consumers.
It is a shame that people dont see this agriculture workers that receive 200 Bolivianos (20€) per month to work day in for 12/14 hours to feed the need of spoiled brats and playboys that think that its cool to snif coca. For those who have been in thailand the same goes on with opion and heroin. For this reaons I condem every one that feeds this market, first rule of economy and management if there is no consumer there is no product/service...If you are a consumer and if you are reding this post...please think that for every Buzzz that you get with cocaine or heroin you are contribuing to the enhancement of a slave market, the enhancement of social unbalence, the enhancement of poverty, to a world with bigger climate change and ecological problems and offcourse to th enhancement of your own destruction...your brain and your body are the most powerfull tool that you have dont ruin it use it whell...

Advertisement



31st March 2008

tenho seguido com muita atenção os teus dias por aí. Grande aventura e que grande choque de culturas e hábitos!!!! Li todas as tuas notas com imenso interesse e sei, pelo pai, que tens andado cheio de trabalho, mas não deixes de mandar mais fotografias e notas. Estou curiosíssima! Muitos breijinhos
3rd April 2008

Profound Insight
Hola Duarte :) How are you? I just checked my hotmail and see that you are already in south america :) congratulations i know you will succeed with this new journey of yours and will come out having made a difference and with many friends i am sure... i hope you aredoing well and are adjsuting more to the climates and the lifstyles... your latest post has quite the feeling behind it... hopefully ppl take soemthing away from it :) keep the info coming, its great to learn about all of this information :) enjoy yourself and stay safe :) all the best always xoxo

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb