La Paz - Bolivia


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
November 7th 2007
Published: November 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Bus journey to La Paz was ok apart from being a crap bus with no leg room and stinking of B.o. God why dont people smell it on themselves. Or get good friends, when Nik starts to whiff I always tell her, he he.

We also had to cross Lake Titicaca so we had to exit the bus so we could get on one boat and our bus got on another. Looked dodgy but it made it.

Once we arrived in La Paz we spent quite along time looking for a hostel - to be fair we were being really tight. Found an apartment on the 7th floor of a hostel which fitted all five of us in - $4.

We went for something to eat and thats about it.

Next day, nik and I decided to book some private spanish lessons. We then went shopping to the hugest black market we have ever seen. They sell everything!! Its all so dated though - 80´s, 90´s.

Got back and had to say bye to Lenka and Yan. We both think its so sad when you have to say bye to people because when you travel you spend so much time with them and feel like you have known them for ages. Anyway, after this we began our spanish lesson.

It was so hard. We had to start from basics and were doing verbs, nouns, adjectives. God the spanish make life difficult for themselves. I cannot believe we are travelling the world and decided to go back to school - again it was one of those moments where I question - what were we thinking!!!

We even got given homework - yuck!!

The lesson finished late so just went for dinner. Couldnt be bothered to go out, even though La Paz is supposed to be a good night out. Also, had to be up for our spanish lesson, losers!!

Well, what I am going to tell you next is the most bizarre moment of the trip if not my life so far. Now bare in mind I got held up at gun point in south africa but this was just bizarre.

We sat eating dinner and both couldnt finish it so left about half each. Whilst we sat letting our food go down some tramp walked in (about 18 years old if that) and he walked straight up to our table with drool down his face and no eye contact. He then picked up Nikitas left over omelette and walked off then came back a few seconds later. I knew exactly what he was going for so I pushed my plate as far away from us as possible and he then scooped up mine. My dinner by the way was spaghetti Carbonarra, work that one out. He then left. Nik and I were gob smacked and I still cant get over it. I was gagging for about an hour after, so gross. Im even gagging a little now as Im writing this.

So after that interesting episode we left the restaurant - never to return and came home and went to bed.

Today, we had our spanish lesson which seemed alot better - we got good marks in our home work too, what swots we are.

We spent the afternoon in an art museum which was beautiful. Some of the art wasnt even too expensive but dont worry all we havent maxed out our credit cards on it.

Now, since we got back to the hostel we have spent the last 2 and a half hours on the internet so I could update this and Nik was doing whatever on her computer.

I cant get these hours back out of my life so Im going now. Sorry about the spelling, grammer but I really dont care anymore.

We are staying in La Paz for another couple of days then hoping to book the amazon jungle trip. We will keep you updated.

Hope your all well, keep us updated if anything interesting happens back home.

Love you all lots and lots.


Laters all, love every single one of you x x x x love Carly and Nik x x x x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 43; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb