Crazy huge city


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
February 22nd 2007
Published: February 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today we arrive in La Paz (capital city of Bolivia) after a four hour bus ride from Copacabana. The city is a huge sprawling mass and fills a whole valley. The roads are all haphazardly paced and sometimes it´s an annoyance to locate our hostal as they all look the same.
Today wasn´t too busy. Molly and I walked around for most of the day, did some shopping and checked out a church. Luke (one of the australians) came with us for lunch but then went back to the hostal to sleep.
Huges (other australian) checked out the prison located in almost the middle of the city. He was telling us that he took some pictures of the front gate but one of the guards made him delete the pics. You don´t tend to mess with them when they have the atumatic weapons strapped over their chests. He said his knees were shaking when the odeal went down and I wouldn´t blame him. The prison is pretty sketchy and almost impossible to actually see. I´ll find the name if I can, but the guidebook warns you about the sketchyness. I thought it was an interesting story and I kinda wish we had gone to see it.
Dinner in La Paz was great. Somehow we managed to find a gringo cafe and I had the best sandwich and chocolate milkshake in my life (somehow they are so much better in Bolivia...haha maybe it´s cause it wasn´t not rice). Tomorrow the bike tour, can´t wait.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb