La. Paz is a disease..


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
November 28th 2006
Published: December 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

MidgetMidgetMidget

BE AFRAID, VERY AFRAID
Can someone please kick us out of La. Paz, or at least Oliver’s Travels?? 


Back in La. Paz, free of insects (but you should see me scream when I feel anything touch my bare skin) and within reach of a dance floor, we checked into a new hostel and hiked off for dinner at Oliver’s (duh).


My all time favorite thing about the gringo trail is seeing people you’ve met before which is what happened when I saw Jason, Hugh, Jimmy and Brendan who I’d stayed with in both Rio and Buones. It’s the nicest feeling to see people you’ve spent time with before, and makes it all not so lonely. 
Tee and I went on a Kate Moss style binge with Hugh (every other south American traveler- yes, yes the one and only legend that is..), Jimmy, Jase, Chris and Danny Adams, until a casual 10am in the morning... and that’s all there is to say about that! Apart from Danny and Chris. Your awesome. 


After realizing that Abby and Ryan knew we hadn´t been attacked and Bolivian raped when we crashed into their room looking ridiculously awake, we broke our promise to the boys
U know him U know him U know him

Hugh, happy birthday kid
and mercilessly crashed into a deep sleep until early afternoon. 
Planning to stay in La. Paz ONLY one sleazy night, we realized we’d all ruined that one and decided to stay “Just one more night”.

All well and good until we went out for dinner- Bolivians don’t do nice Chinese P.S- and bumped in T and Abby’s friends, Noah and Noah from Israel. Having only heard terrible stories about the nation, I am yet to find one I don’t like, and Noah and Noah were no exception- both were so lovely and adorable, and were dying to know what little information I knew about Israel and the war, and then set it straight for me- all without judging or belittling me. Australia is a long way away..

HOWEVER, after the Noah’s told us all about the midget wrestling that took place the next day-we decided we HAD to stay, and spread the word to everyone we knew.

The midget wrestling. Well that’s another story.. 
But first let me pay homage to the Irish boys who “hola-d” into our room at 5am, complete with a giant bunch of roses, continued to tuck us in, all while singing lullabies
Ryan, Tahnee  and I Ryan, Tahnee  and I Ryan, Tahnee and I

Olivers times
and patting our hair- bless you crazy Irish. 
Anyway, so after T, Abs and I had spread the word we had around 30other gringos all headed for this mysterious “midget wrestling”, somewhere in La.Paz.... Crrraaazzyyy!! 
Oh we found it all right... picture WWF, without contact, more sparkly costumes, ladies in dancers, and the scariest, most terrifying midget dressed as chucky, that you can conjure up.

The whole show, viewed by Bolivian families (small children and all), was hysterical, and I couldn’t stop thinking “where am I... what sort of underground cult IS this??”. It only got better when three of the Irish guys, Aussie, Ed and Andy, all climbed into the ring and put on their own wrestling show. Smudge- u know we would of done it!! 
If you go to La. Paz- go to midget wrestling. 
If only for the fact they play Eye of the Tiger.

Went out that night with the boys to Mongos, and it was.. Yet again Black Eyed Peas Night!! Awesome night, one of those old school Daisy’s classics!! 
Sad to leave La. Paz- am loving the Welsh, Case u know it, and everything that happened on that Sunday night.

We´re
Chris and Bonnie Chris and Bonnie Chris and Bonnie

a real life welshperson..
off to the jungle now.. ehhhhe. Didn’t I say “never again”?? 
xox


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Israeli Israeli
Israeli

And a real life israeli, with a cool hat
The Irish The Irish
The Irish

There out of control


Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb