Beautiful lake Titicaca


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » Copacabana
February 12th 2006
Published: February 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

During our jeep tour we met Matthew and Martina, a really nice british-swiss couple who had the same plans as us so we decided to travel together through Bolivia and Peru. This hopefully also makes us less prone to getting robbed. We had heard many stories of people getting robbed in La Paz and Cuzco so we tried to do everything we could to avoid that. From Uyuni we took train to Oruro and from there a bus to La Paz. We stayed there just one night before taking a bus to Copacabana.

Copacabana is a small town by the lake Titicaca close to the border of Bolivia and Peru. The hotel we stayed at was at a magnificent location overlooking the town and the lake and they also had nice hammocks which were perfect for taking it easy. The place was owned by a german guy and thus everything was very well organized, nice change after a while.

One day we walked up to the hill right next to the town. A good view point over the town and the lake. The next day we took a boat to Isla del Sol, an island with old Inca heritage. We walked through the island from north to south visiting several old ruins on the way. It was a beautiful day on a beautiful island.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Hotel with hammocksHotel with hammocks
Hotel with hammocks

La Cupula - hotel with a view
Inca ceremonial tableInca ceremonial table
Inca ceremonial table

Incas used it for sacrifices, nowadays it's mostly used as a picnic table.
Breakfast entertainerBreakfast entertainer
Breakfast entertainer

This baby sheep joined us for breakfast


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb