Copacabana and Lake Titicata


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » Copacabana
October 24th 2007
Published: October 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

View over CopacabanaView over CopacabanaView over Copacabana

The view from the top after getting to the top on horseback
The trip to Copacabana was less than comfortable crammed into an old minibus with a ton of locals.

We arrived in Copacabana in the afternoon and checked into a hostel. We then had an explore of the small lakeside town before being talked into some more horse riding by a ten-year-old Bolivian. We didn't realise until we were saddled up on our wobbly looking horses that the ten-year-old and his little brother were to be our guides for the horse trek up the hillside. However, we made it up in one piece for some great views of the town from the top of the hill.

That evening we went out for a meal before grabbing an early night, ready for our day of trekking.

We caught the boat at 8am for an incredibly slow cruise up to the North of the Isla del Sol in Lake Titicaca and spent the day trekking across to the South of the island where we got picked up again. The island was beautiful but lived up to it's name, with all three of us suffering a from a little sunburn.

After a little seista we headed out for dinner before watching a film and bed.

The next day we wandered about copacabana for a bit and sampled the local trout befoere catching a 3 hour bus to Puno, the other side of Lake Titicaca in Peru.

We had an afternoon there in which we went over to the floating islands, a bunch of islands made of reeds where a few Peruvian families live, which was pretty good.

We then headed on a pretty comfortable overnight bus to Cusco, where we arrived at 4 in the morning and checked into a cool looking hostel called Liko, which had been reccomended to us by many, for the remainder of the night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Isla del SolIsla del Sol
Isla del Sol

Sceinic shot over Isla del Sol.
Three budsThree buds
Three buds

On the Isla del Sol
The TrackThe Track
The Track

The track across the Isla del Sol
Floating IslandFloating Island
Floating Island

The Bolivains doing a good luck dance for our 15 min reed boat journey to the neighbouring floating island.


Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0697s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb