All hail the sun god!


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » Copacabana
October 13th 2007
Published: October 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Copacabana after a much less traumatic 3 hour bus ride from La Paz. It involved a dodgy crossing of the lake where our coach had to float over on a wooden raft and we met it on the otherside after a hairy boat ride. On arriving Steve pointed in the right direction to walk to our hotel but I was not so sure. So I took us on a much more scenic route that may have turned out to be a little longer than needed. The hotel was actually at the top of a hill which was not indicated in the guide book, but should be when carrying a large backpack the size and weight of a small human! Having said that the hotel rooms were very lovely - all 3 of them as we had to change every morning! The most unusual one had a mezzane and a large igloo dome roof, with lights that lit it up.

Copacabana itself is a beautiful, chilled place that both Steve and I liked, despite all the hills. On the first morning we walked up to Horca del Inca, which is a lame S.American stonehenge. We met a couple
Baaaaaaaa!Baaaaaaaa!Baaaaaaaa!

A typical country greeting at the hostel!
of kids on the way up that had caught a baby scorpion and suddenly Steve did not seem so keen to get to the top in his open toed sandals! After a day of no food, to try and combat the stomach bug we decided (unwisely) it would be a good idea to walk up to Calvario (a big hill with a spiritual cemetery at the top). After a long hard struggle we got to the top and were greeted with great views across the lake and bay of Copacabana. We sat and watched the sun go down taking picture after picture of pink and red skies!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

On top of the world!On top of the world!
On top of the world!

Well... on top of Horca Del Inca at least!
Horca Del IncaHorca Del Inca
Horca Del Inca

The site in question... no stone henge though!
A thoughtful Secular!A thoughtful Secular!
A thoughtful Secular!

Or maybe just knackered!
Where´s Wally...Where´s Wally...
Where´s Wally...

There he is!!
This time next year we´ll be millionaires!This time next year we´ll be millionaires!
This time next year we´ll be millionaires!

With 15 Bolivianos to the pound we were in the money!!
Coachs´on raftsCoachs´on rafts
Coachs´on rafts

Nervously we watched as our bags were sent over in the coach on a raft...


Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0825s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb